Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 2: Ughh...

I got banded on the 21st...today is the 23rd, which means I still have 13 days left until I can start eating soft foods.

I'm getting pretty hungry already, but more than hungry I'm still in pain. Yesterday was probably the worst since the gas in my body started travelling up to my shoulders and neck. Because of my band I was forced to sleep all night on my back and I think that aggravated my shoulders and neck even more. On the lighter side, I finally farted. Hahaha I know this may be hilarious because Louis C.K. says "I don't care how fucking smart you are, if you don't think farts are funny, you're a fucking idiot." But it felt so good to finally expel gas from my body! Seriously, the more you walk, the better and faster you will heal. It doesn't matter how shitty you feel, and you may want to stay in bed with all the pain, but get off your ass and force yourself to feel better by walking!

This morning I checked my incisions and changed the bandaids. Some of the incisions still look pretty fresh and were bleeding just a tiny bit. Others were starting to itch a bit, which is good because that means they are healing. My stomach is still pretty swollen and hard, and every time I breath or move, I feel like I can feel the band in my body.

I went to work this morning at 10:30AM, but unlike most days, I work up today at 8:30, had sipped some water, and started at 25 minute slow walk on the treadmill. I had to leave work early because my pain got pretty bad and I was feeling nauseous. All I wanted to do was come home and smoke weed. Yes, I am an avid cannabis user.

Actually, I don't actually smoke, I vaporize, which is so much better for your lungs since you're not taking in any carcinogens. The vicadin my doctor prescribed me wasn't doing shit for my pain and weed helps with the nausea. I've been perving out on some cooking sites. My current favorite: www.honestcooking.com

They have amazing photographs of their food and they are simple and most are pretty darn good for you. It has inspired me to make my own herb garden, which will also get me to go outside and do some productive physical activity once I don't feel anymore pain. The pain by the way, is MUCH better than yesterday's- if I haven't already said that.

Sooooo...things to look forward to:
1. I found some really yummy oatmeal recipes. I can't wait to end this liquid diet and start eating mushy solids, especially oatmeal- which I can eat everyday for every meal ;)
2. Pain, pain, go AWAY
3. Upcoming herb garden and getting in more exercise. I'm thinking I want to be a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment